Egyptian Travertine is the most durable and the most functional of all plasters based on slaked lime. Its main advantage is strength, which is achieved used in the system. In addition, the structural version allows for free playing with space and form, since the additional pigments increase the number of possible tonal gradations and color patterns. Base itself has a wonderful, deep natural color, and use of any color of the available color palette will give a a whole new look to the plaster, and there will be plenty of new opportunities for it – designs that were previously impossible.
Huge durability of structural plaster from Egyptian travertine is a result of its composition at first, and secondly, the perfect combination of products within the used system. All these products reinforce each other and protect the wall from any damage. This is an excellent way to create beautiful, really unique and extremely functional arrangement.
Although the method of forming the structure of the plaster is very simple, it allows you to create different, often quite complex patterns. However, it is not the complexity of the structure that will prejudge the charm, but it is the color of the plaster and its usage. There is plenty of places, where such a plaster will look great. Proper selection of color for the place, the way of applying the plaster and professionalism in the structure production: all this will have a significant influence on whether the resulting pattern will meet the expectations of investors. The only certain thing is you can get rewarding result for sure, but it does not need to be easy.
WHERE TO USE EGYPTIAN STRUCTURAL Travertine?
Structural Travertine has many typical applications, but there are also those that might be surprising such where this plaster will works particularly well for some reason.
- Its primary use are certainly exterior elevations, because such a durable and resistant to almost all conditions plaster is an ingenious solution to problems of those investors that decided to use low quality plasters.
- Rustication. This is one of the specific applications of structural travertine. Rustication is a fragment of plaster, in which by using variety of techniques they attempted ancient Rome to give the appearance of the stones in the wall. Today rustication is rarely used, partly because it needs the highest quality plaster, meeting certain quality standards.
- Stairways and hallways and other places with very heavy traffic. As the plaster of travertine is almost indestructible, there is no need to fear that it will be accidentally damaged. Its durability and strength are the assets that can hardly be overestimated.
- Kitchens finished in structural travertine gain a completely new character, and because the plaster is vapor permeable, there is no risk that water vapor will condense on the wall.
- Structural plaster with Egyptian travertine has very good adhesion to all substrates. In combination with good soil and quartz backing layer it adheres to the substrate so strongly that the random reflection is totally excluded.
- A high diffusion of water vapor allows for efficient moisture removal from the room, what creates very positive microclimate.
- Full abrasion resistance, very high chemical resistance, excellent resistance to mechanical damage: Egyptian travertine in structural plaster, if it is used with the system, forms a layer so hard and resistant to various kinds of damage that searching for a different, equally functional option is doomed to failure. It also makes the plaster is very easy to maintain.
Very specific step for the travertine structural plaster is giving it a characteristic structure. This is done after the application of the only layer of the plaster. Usual round brush is a tool that works best in this case – it is used to enrich the structure. Its basic elements are made simply with a trowel tool by collecting a portion of previously imposed mass.
Ready plaster should be impregnated with a single layer of colorless paint crushed with water. In special cases, it is recommended to use two layers of impregnation, and sometimes you can also attempt to create additional color effects. In this case it is also necessary to impregnate two layers, and after applying them you can finally precisely put a colorant layer, removing the excess. This allows you to spice up the look of the plaster, though, even without this treatment it is difficult to have any complains to the aesthetics of this solution.
[show_gallery images_in_a_row=”4″ galleryid=”604″][/show_gallery]